Suggested Steps for FSSC Implementation:
1. Designate and Train the Food Safety Team Leader
- Hold a management meeting and designate the Food Safety Team Leader. The person that is managing food safety is a good choice (Food Safety Manager, HACCP Coordinator, Quality Manager ‚any of these may be a good choice for this responsibility)
- Train the Team Leader- Recommended Online Training Programs A. Introduction to FSSC 22000 and B. FSSC 22000 PRP Training
- If the Team Leader is not already trained in HACCP, sign the practitioner up for a HACCP Course. Choose a classroom course or an online course.
2. Train the management team
- The management team completes training on the system elements so they are informed on what the system requirements are for FSSC 22000.
- Sign the management team up for A. Introduction to FSSC 22000. This training explains the requirements of ISO 22000.
3. Prepare for the Gap Analysis
4. Schedule the gap analysis
- Schedule your gap and inform all areas of the purpose of the gap and the days that the auditors will be coming through so everyone is aware and ready to assist.
- Complete the gap using the forms and checklists the Team Leader has been provided with through the online course.
- Use the information from the gap analysis to complete implementation plans included in the Complete Training Package and the Premium All-in-one Package for each of the processes on the schedule.
5. Assign an individual or a team to implement and document each required process. Provide the team with the procedure template, implementation plan and gap information.
- Team Leader completes D. FSSC 22000 Templates and Training
- Team Leader completes tutorials, downloads procedure templates, forms templates and implementation plans to provide to those implementing the process.
- Team Leader schedules the implementation teams, and assign a target timeline.
- Teams review the implementation plan and customize the plan and schedule based on the gap results and information from practitioner.
- The Team Leader will review the implementation plans and provides feedback to the team.
- The team customizes the procedures and forms as needed for the organization, implements the process by training employees and making necessary changes to existing processes. Team submits documentation to the Team Leader.
- The Team Leader and management review the documentation and recommend changes as needed. Once finalized the Team Leader and management approve the documentation.
6. Train your audit team
- Designate 2-6 people (or more) depending on the size of your facility.
- Assign Online Internal Auditor Training to each person. (2 Sessions included in Premium All-in-One Package)
7. Conduct Employee Training
- Assign Introduction to FSSC 22000, FSSC 22000 PRP Training or Employee GMP Online training to employees.
- A. Introduction to FSSC 22000- Covers all the requirements of ISO 22000 (5 Sessions are include in the Premium All-in-One Package)
- B. Food Safety Fundamentals - Covers the requirements of the Prerequisite Programs (5 Sessions are included in the Premium All-in-One Package)
- Employee GMP Training teaches the production employees the Good Manufacturing Practices required in food processing environments.
8. Start your internal audits and management review meetings following the processes defined in the new procedures based on the templates provided and customized by your teams.
9. Have your document review by the certification body you have selected.
- Correct any findings and address any opportunities for improvement that the auditor has identified.
10. Continue internal audits and management reviews.
11. Have your certification audit, and celebrate your results!